|Published on May 26, 2020|Recipes
250g dark chocolate
250g salted butter
3 medium eggs
200g soft brown sugar
75g Barony Mill beremeal
60g cocoa powder
1.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
pinch of salt
- Turn on oven to 160C (150C fan or gas 3)
- Line 8 inch square cake tin
- Melt chocolate and butter together in a bowl
- Whisk eggs and sugar in another bowl until lighter in colour, not for very long
- In another bowl, sieve together the beremeal, cocoa, salt and bicarbonate and mix well
- Add chocolate and butter mixture to egg and sugar, stir well.
- Then fold in the dry ingredients.
- Pour into tin and bake for 35-45 minutes. Test with skewer, it should come out not quite clean.
- Leave to cool completely in the tin. Dust with a little cocoa powder